Just a place where comments on posts from Welcome to Markadelphia (i.e. Zombie Politics) aren't moderated out of existence.




Saturday, March 14, 2015

Welcome to the blog.

I'm GuardDuck and I'm a commenter. I enjoy reading and commenting on blogs. One of the blogs I've regularly visited is 'Welcome to Markadelphia'.

Recently, the proprietor, Mark, has resorted to reasoned discourse and begun moderating comments. I don't have a problem with moderating comments - when said moderation is to remove obvious spam or trolling.

But in this case Mark is moderating based upon, by what I can tell, a criteria of "if I don't like what you have to say".

I gave his new system an opportunity to see if he could be honest. I believe he has failed.

Now, of course I agree that it is his blog and can do with it what he wishes. Not claiming otherwise. But if what he wishes to do is resort to dishonest conversation and the blocking of ideas he doesn't like, then I'm not going to participate on his terms.

On the other hand, I also have no desire to give up the pulpit just because he has became a bully. His posts spout many topics that need to be discussed and rebutted.

Thus this blog.

I have in the past had a blog, but found myself to be much more likely to just comment at other people's blogs. In this case I hope to simply use this space as an open and honest place to discuss, without censorship, those comments that would have been discussed at Markadelphia.

I know one of the first things Mark will do is claim that I am obsessed with him, and claim this blog as proof of such.

He may say what he wants. I comment at other blogs daily. All this blog contains is comments I would have posted at his site, but for the 'reasoned discourse'.

1 comment:

  1. I know one of the first things Mark will do is claim that I am obsessed with him, and claim this blog as proof of such.

    Did I call it or what?

    Of course not only that but he went full overboard:

    Markadelphia said...

    GD, given your continued obsession with me (as seen on your profile page), I'm going to ask you kindly to never comment here again.



    As I said, not obsession. Comments that he likes to delete - for his own reasons. I don't like spending time and effort to make a comment just to have some asshole delete it.

    But it doesn't matter now. The 'reasoned discourse' has went full overload.

    ReplyDelete